Age 16 +
16 and on the road. You can complete your CBT course and away you go!
You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you’re 15 years and 9 months old. You can start riding a moped when you’re 16…Yippeee!
- You must first get a provisional licence and complete our CBT – Compulsory Basic Training course. Maximum bike size 49cc.
- You can do this on your 16th birthday if you have your licence available to show the trainer at the start of the course.
- The Compulsory Basic Training course only enables riders to use public roads whilst displaying L plates on their bikes.
- If you want to continue riding after 2 years you must take and pass the theory test and take the A1 category motorcycle test or complete another CBT course.
- You can continue renewing your CBT for the entire duration of your licence, though we recommend that you on to take further training to pass your tests and ride to a higher standard.
- Flow chart for licence categories and ages
“You may not believe that you are vulnerable on the roads at this age, but I was 16 once and I know you are! I very strongly advise having at least a few hours more lessons after your CBT course to consolidate your skills under my watchful eye!” Paul, Director and Coach, GMTS.BIKE