for the information of students and instructors at Gordano Motorcycle Training.
The term “student” refers to any person receiving rider training at any level of the rider training processes.
1. We really need you to be on time for training sessions, ideally to arrive five minutes early. Failing to attend will result in the loss of your course fee.
2. Your trainer may have booked training with other students to follow on from your session. Please give 48 hours notice in the event of you needing to cancel a previously arranged lesson or course for whatever reason.
Unfortunately, failing to notify of non-attendance for a course will result in a loss of any fees paid or entitle Gordano Motorcycle Training to recover fees that would have been due. In some circumstances, fees will have already been paid out by Gordano Motorcycle Training to enable courses to run. This could be the hire of facilities or advance payment of test fees for example, for which there is no refund available.
3. We regret that deposits and course fees cannot be refunded barring exceptional circumstances and Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
4. You may have heard that CBT is completed in a day. This is misleading information; CBT is not a one day course. It is a course of learning to ride a scooter or motorcycle and everyone takes a different amount of time.
4a. We do not make our students pay for accidental breakages and scrapes they may cause the bikes. In your search for a suitable school / instructor it is a good idea to ask if you are liable in any way for accidental damage, such as a broken mirror or lever or worse. Your liability may be a great deal more than a low cost CBT.
5. Our training courses are matched to the students' skills and abilities. lt is inevitable that people will take different lengths of time to reach the required standards. It is really important therefore that all course fees are paid to Gordano Motorcycle Training on the understanding that Gordano Motorcycle Training reserves the right to reschedule courses.
Refunds cannot be given for test fees once the cancellation date has been passed. We urge you to please notify us as soon as possible if you are unlikely to be able to make a test as it may incur additional costs. Only in exceptional circumstances can a course or test fee or part of it be refunded and in any case a written request will need to be made. As a minimum we require 14 working calendar days’ notice for licence acquisition courses and pre-booked tests. For stand alone lessons we can accept 48 hours’ notice for cancellations.
6. lt is our role to teach all our students to the best of their ability but it is also the student's responsibility to take on the role to learn. We recognise that until a student embarks on a course they may not have a perception of the required standards or their abilities and this can be daunting at times for some. We will give every assistance to make sure that the learning process is an enjoyable one.
Gordano Motorcycle Training is committed to delivering exceptional coaching to all of its students and as such will give due assistance to the student to help them achieve the goal of riding a scooter or motorcycle to any level they require.
7. The instructor's decision is always final and in no circumstances will the instructor compromise either the safety of the student, other students or other road users.
8. Where a course cannot be completed in the interests of public and rider safety, alternative dates for the course will be offered. As alternative dates will be offered we cannot provide a refund.
9. All motorcycling courses are entered into on the basis that the student wants to
develop the skills to ride a motorcycle to the best of their ability. In the event that students find particular difficulty in achieving their aims, we will happily discuss required courses of action with our students.
10. We will not discuss our students’ training needs with third parties except with the
permission of the student.
11. Motorcycling is potentially a higher-risk activity than driving. The rider is potentially at greater risk whilst riding a motorcycle compared to driving a car. Thorough training can significantly reduce this risk to lower levels than driving. Insufficient training though can increase the risk.
It is up to the rider to continue the learning process beyond CBT and DAS and to choose suitably qualified people. No responsibility can be accepted for injuries or collisions occurring outside of the training environment with Gordano Motorcycle Training.
12. There is an inherent risk in riding a motorcycle and it is the responsibility of the
student to accept this risk. Gordano Motorcycle Training carries insurance for the business on the understanding that all students accept this risk.
All riders agree to training courses with us on the basis that motorcycling carries risks and that injury is possible. We cannot be held responsible for injuries to students except in the case that our duty of care to you is breached or for negligence. You are asked to take proper care and attention and consider your personal safety and that of others whilst riding a motorcycle with us. Please consider other road users at all times and recognise too that your experience at this time is limited to novice standard.
13. Gordano Motorcycle Training may have various options and offers available at any time throughout a year. These options are designed to specifically help with the coaching of the students and Gordano Motorcycle Training reserves the right to amend these at any time without notice although in practice every effort will be made to ensure the offer or option is fulfilled. lf the offer cannot be fulfilled a comparable offer will be provided.
Code of Conduct
1. Gordano Motorcycle Training instructors have background checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service. There is no possibility that they will be accepted to work for Gordano Motorcycle Training without this clearance. Proof of these checks can be made available if required.
2. Gordano Motorcycle Training will not intentionally mislead or misinform any party associated with Gordano Motorcycle Training.
If there is a misunderstanding Gordano Motorcycle Training will address any issues on its merits. Any Parties who feel particularly aggrieved must refer to the Complaints Procedure for resolution of the misunderstanding.
3. Your trainers will behave in a professional manner at all times and in accordance with the industry code of conduct. Gordano Motorcycle Training is signed up to the Code of Conduct set out by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). The company is also signed up to the Code of Conduct with the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA).
4. Your Gordano Motorcycle Training instructors wilI not discriminate against any student on grounds of race, colour, religion, age, gender, physical ability or mental ability,
5. Instructors and students will not be subjected to or act in a way that would be likely to bring themselves or the industry into disrepute.
6. Gordano Motorcycle Training offers a very high standard of coaching. At all times, Gordano Motorcycle Training instructors will maintain these standards.
1. We do our very best to ensure that every student is satisfied with the service they have received. However if you have any complaints about any members of staff please discuss your complaint in the first instance with him or her to find an amicable resolution.
2. If the complaint is not resolved then please write to Gordano Motorcycle Training, Hand Stadium, Davis Lane, Clevedon BS21 6TG
3. If you are not satisfied with the response from Gordano Motorcycle Training then please write to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. The addresses can be supplied for you.
4. Please inform your instructor if you have any complaints about other participants on the course and follow the same procedure as above if the issue is not resolved.
Paul Dickinson Coaching Ltd t/a Gordano Motorcycle Training, Hand Stadium, Davis Lane, Clevedon BS21 6TG
Telephone 01275 269 385
Director: Paul Dickinson